- 1 Architecture A moulding over a door or window which deflects rain.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Exterior features of the house are a steeply pitched roof, large gables and architectural details such as the ornamental dripstones above the windows.
- An inspection of this end shows it to be pierced by three plain lancet windows with no dripstone.
- The upper stage is relieved by a pointed window, of two lights, on each side, the dripstone of each terminating in heads.
- 2 [mass noun] Geology Rock deposited by precipitation from dripping water, such as that which forms stalactites and stalagmites.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The designs on the lower part of the structure are somewhat formal, but the upper part is a free-form mix of geodes, dripstone, and what appear to be inverted stalactites.
- This is the start of the area known as the Cones, a unique group of rock formations the origin of which is hotly debated, as they do not seem to be associated with conventional dripstone.
- Where the deposition of calcite is concentrated along cracks, calcite is deposited as flowstone, or dripstone.
Más definiciones de dripstoneDefinición de dripstone en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.