chiefly North American
- (Of a shooting or other act) carried out from a passing vehicle: a drive-by shootingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Guerrillas detonated two bombs, and carried out two drive-by shootings and a stabbing in a little over an hour.
- We all know from the movies that the city suffers car-jackings and rapes and drive-by shootings but what happened this month at a park in the LA suburbs was shocking even by California standards.
- Police hunting a gunman after a drive-by shooting left a man seriously injured have made two arrests.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A shooting carried out from a passing vehicle: they had a drive-by and my daddy caught the bulletsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We've had several incidents where they've used drive-bys and actually have gone and assassinated people in their homes.
- Usually drive-bys are reserved for rival gang members.
- The weather might keep you from the average youngster's schedule of playing croquet and partaking in drive-bys, but I've got some really fun stuff that you can make in your own home with everyday objects.
Más definiciones de drive-byDefinición de drive-by en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.