- 1Any of the large wheels of a locomotive, to which power is applied either directly or via coupling rods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nearby was an engine: a boiler on a flat rail car, pistons powering driving wheels that must've been taller than I am.
- The new locomotive weighs approximately two tons less than the old locomotive and carries about 59 tons less on its driving wheels.
- With its multitube boiler, blast pipe exhaust, pistons connected directly to the driving wheels and its ability to haul its train at over 30 miles per hour, this machine set the standard for locomotive design.
- 2A wheel transmitting motive power in machinery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The robot can pivot on the spot by using two driving wheels that move independently.
- Into the lower part of each frame is provided an aperture to insert an axlebox for each of the driving wheels (three each side in the photograph).
- Early in June the mine suffered a minor setback when one of the driving wheels of the engine broke.
Más definiciones de driving wheelDefinición de driving wheel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.