Definición de drizzle en inglés:
- A light drizzle of rain fell, gradually picking up speed and fury.
- The clouds that were grey in the morning were now black and a light drizzle of rain fell on her face.
- By this time, the light drizzle had become steady rain.
- As you add more oil, you can increase the rate of drizzle to a thin stream.
- It arrived, aromatic strips of grilled meat on a mound of arugula with a crisp baked potato and a drizzle of peppery olive oil.
- Serve with crostini and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if desired.
verboVolver al principio
- Leanne had awoken to another dreary day, the rain drizzling lightly.
- The rain lightly drizzled around us, the air was chilly and I was thankful for wearing my warm coat over a windcheater.
- On the morning of the funeral, the sky was grey and rain was drizzling; perfect funeral weather.
- Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet, and drizzle them with a thin stream of olive oil - it doesn't take much.
- As before, it looked great - the sauce was drizzled around the mousse and a spear of thin biscuit jutted dramatically out of the top.
- In a slow stream, drizzle in enough oil to bind ingredients together until thick and creamy, like mayonnaise.
dreary from Old English:
In Saxon times dreary was ‘gory, bloody’. It came from a word meaning ‘gore’ which was related to Old English drēosan ‘to drop, fall’, the source of dreary drizzle (mid 16th century). The modern sense ‘depressingly dull and bleak’ did not develop until the mid 17th century.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘I hereby declare this to be a holiday, Dolly,’ I said, standing in the kitchen doorway contemplating a damp, drizzly, rather chilly and miserable day.
- It was cold and windy and drizzly, so the only thing to do was order a bacon sandwich and a mug of coffee, and watch the leaves fall off the trees by the canal.
- I don't know about you, but I enjoy drizzly, cold winter afternoons - night closing in, lights from the traffic reflected in puddles, hurrying to get back to a nice warm home, that kind of thing.
Palabras que riman con drizzlechisel, fizzle, frizzle, grizzle, mizzle, sizzle, swizzle, twizzle
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.