- ‘When a storm hits, we'll put the drogue out, batten down and see it out,’ said Tim.
- This led us to believe lighting had hit the HF-trailing-wire antenna and the drogue that drags the wire behind the aircraft was lost.
- The winch would have to have some kind of rewind capability and a small drogue to ensure it couldn't recoil into the tug's propeller.
- Most of our aerial gunnery exercises consisted of firing at a drogue or target (a canvas cylinder approximately 12 feet long and 4 feet in diameter) which was towed about a hundred yards behind the single engined, high winged Lysander plane.
- The 767 aircraft can be modified to accommodate refuelling wingpods and a centreline hose for probe and drogue refuelling.
- A shuttlecock drogue can be trailed behind the boom and used to refuel aircraft equipped with refuelling probes.
- In the drill the second aircraft plugs its fuel connection pipe into the fuel drogue trailed by the lead aircraft.
- For landing, a drogue parachute, installed in the tail of the fuselage, is connected to the spring loaded tail cone ejection plate.
- They would fly a few feet over the drop zone and then deploy the cargo using a small drogue parachute.
- The first results of the inspection of the payload and the analysis of telemetry and tracking data indicated that the drogue parachute did not succeed to pull the main parachute out of its canister.
Early 18th century (originally a whaling term denoting a piece of stout board attached to a harpoon line, used to slow down or mark the position of a harpooned whale): perhaps related to drag.
Palabras que riman con droguebrogue, disembogue, pirog, pirogue, prorogue, rogue, vogue
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: drogue
Definición de drogue en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.