Definición de drongo en inglés:
sustantivo (plural drongos or drongoes)
1A songbird with glossy black plumage and typically a long forked tail and a crest, found in Africa, southern Asia, and Australia.
- Family Dicruridae and genus Dicrurus: several species
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Examples include the crown and tail feathers of birds-of-paradise, drongos, Bristlethigh Curlew, etc.
- I'd never seen anything like it, yet it behaved exactly as, and in every other respect was typical of a drongo, fork tail and all.
- Flocks of wintering water birds include the thrush, the kingfisher, the robin, the shama, the barbet, the bee-eater, the flycatcher, the sunbird, the bulbul and the drongo.
2 informal , chiefly Australian /NZ A stupid or incompetent person: I gave that drongo fifty dollars and he only gave me change for ten!
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They wanted me to go along, the same as a few other drongos might do so, and just say, ‘Let's run around and look at the kerb-side collection, ‘rather than looking at the real issue and that is what is being collected.
- He will not be amused at being associated with such a pack of drongos and losers.
- Justice will be done - except to us drongoes who pay taxes.
Palabras que riman con drongobongo, Congo, Kongo, pongo
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda