- It has tall, multi-coloured apartment towers that bend and droop, and people drop extended planks between buildings to visit each other.
- A cigarette drooped limply from the corner of his mouth.
- Above audience and performers alike, an inner ceiling droops downwards in sail-like sleeves that both help disperse sound and secrete necessary technical apparatus.
- His eyes burned with weariness and his eyelids drooped.
- Slowly my own eyelids began to droop with weariness.
- The phone conversation must have lasted seven or eight minutes tops, and by the time it was finished, Katie's head drooped with weariness.
- I am reluctant, droop my head, claim to be tired/unwilling/sick of being a show pony.
- The tail is cocked when alighting and the bird droops wings when displaying.
- Neither horse looked tired even though they were both drooping their heads.
- Signs may include headache, seizures, weakness of the arms and legs, speech problems, a facial droop, and loss of consciousness.
- Aside from the shoulder droop, I feel like I just kind of stumble around.
- In that swift glance, she acknowledged the sleepy glaze in those brilliant green eyes, the slight droop to her shoulders.
drip from Old English:
Drip is Old English but the slang use of the word to refer to a ‘feeble or dull person’, dates only from the middle of the 20th century. Drip had a variant drib, source of dribble (mid 16th century). The original sense was ‘shoot an arrow short or wide of its target’, also a sense of drib, which survives in the expression dribs and drabs (early 19th century). A driblet meaning ‘a small drop or stream of liquid’ dates from the late 16th century when it meant a ‘small sum of money’. Drop is related, and so is droop (Middle English).
Palabras que riman con droopbloop, cock-a-hoop, coop, croup, drupe, dupe, goop, group, Guadeloupe, hoop, loop, poop, recoup, roup, scoop, sloop, snoop, soup, stoep, stoop, stoup, stupe, swoop, troop, troupe, whoop
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.