Definición de dropout en inglés:
1A person who has abandoned a course of study or who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle: a college dropout
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A major limitation of this study is the high dropout rate; 74% of subjects dropped out before completing the entire period of maximum medication dose.
- Another potential limitation of this study was the dropout rate, with 30% of subjects failing to complete all three treatment arms.
- The major limitations of this study include the high dropout rate and the short treatment period.
3A momentary loss of recorded audio signal or an error in reading data on a magnetic tape or disk, usually due to a flaw in the coating.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The red line in the graphs represents the amount of latency beyond which audio dropouts are perceptible to humans.
- Filled with scratches, dirt, splicing errors, and dropouts, this DVD presentation is a near-VHS version of mixed media malfunctions.
- I must note, however, the presence of a few very brief (less than one second) dropouts in the audio during both the Beethoven Violin Concerto and the Mozart.
4 (usually dropouts) A U-shaped slot at the end of a fork or stay on a bicycle, made to receive the axle and enabling the wheel to be changed rapidly.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Now the Nader hooks (wheel retention devices) built into suspension fork dropouts are designed to stop the head of the skewer from coming out without being unscrewed a number of turns.
- I find this quite annoying as tightening the wheel in the track dropouts puts addition pressure on the bearings making it difficult to adjust.
- Vibration transferred from car to bike via contact points i.e. fork dropouts.
Palabras que riman con dropoutcopout
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia