Definición de drug-driving en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] British
The action or offence of driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs, typically ones that are illegal: police are about to crack down on drug-driving 34,500 people were prosecuted for drug-driving
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While the figures for drug-driving are lower than drunk-driving, they show that almost a quarter (22%) of the drug-users surveyed did drive within a few hours of taking drugs.
- The increasing focus on speed cameras and decline in traffic police means that offences such as drug-driving and careless driving could be going unchecked.
- Relatives of the victims called for more traffic police on patrol and strong sentences to deter people from drink- and drug-driving.
- Example sentences
- The proposed drugs tests called FIT (Field Impairment Tests) were first introduced in the US in the 1970s to catch drug-drivers.
- The discovery was made when all eight Scottish police forces recently targeted drug-drivers over a 48-hour period as part of the nationwide Know the Score campaign.
- One of the problems facing police in the battle against drug-drivers is the lack of a simple test to show whether people are driving while under the influence of drugs.
Definición de drug-driving en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan