- 1 Botany A fleshy fruit with thin skin and a central stone containing the seed, e.g. a plum, cherry, almond, or olive.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fruit, a drupe with fleshy pulp and a high fat content, contains a glucoside which makes olives, especially unripe ones, very bitter.
- Fruiting plants are immediately recognizable by the unique bright blue color of their drupes, but sterile shrubs are very nondescript and easily overlooked.
- Hermit thrushes ate 14 pondberry fruits during six observation periods in 2000-2001, and 13 drupes during five observation periods in 2001-2002.
mid 18th century: from Latin drupa 'overripe olive', from Greek druppa 'olive'.
Más definiciones de drupeDefinición de drupe en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.