- 1 [mass noun] Fungal timber decay occurring in poorly ventilated conditions in buildings, resulting in cracking and powdering of the wood.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ironically, the rest of the building is in good condition apart from some dry rot in the North Aisle where a temporary floor has been put down.
- There was other, direct, evidence of dry rot in the timbers of the building.
- Apparently the building is full of dry rot and has to come down.
- 2 (also dry rot fungus) The fungus that causes dry rot decay.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Serpula lacrymans, family Corticiaceae, class Hymenomycetes
- The distortion I saw was a rippling effect in the surface of the joinery caused by shrinkage of the timber as the dry rot fungus destroyed the internal wood.
- The department's response was that the responsibility for the eradication of the dry rot lay with the school authorities despite the fact that the department paid for the eradication of a previous outbreak.
- The dry rot has now entered the wainscot surrounding the lower part of the ground floor walls.
Más definiciones de dry rotDefinición de dry rot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.