- Prepared grease used for softening and waterproofing leather.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The skin could have an oily substance like tallow (animal fat), egg yolk or dubbin, which is a mixture of fish oil and tallow.
- Treat your boots with leather oil or dubbin if you want to keep them supple.
- The animal fat was used both for cooking and to make tallow for lamps and dubbin.
verbo (dubbins, dubbining, dubbined)[with object] Volver al principio
- Apply dubbin to (leather): (as adjective dubbined) a player dressed in old baggy shorts and dubbined bootsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Perhaps they could play a board game or sing songs around a piano while mother gets the tin bath ready in front of the fire for bathtime while father smokes a pipe and dubbins his boots.
early 19th century: alteration of dubbing, present participle of dub1 ( sense 3).
Más definiciones de dubbinDefinición de dubbin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.