sustantivo (plural duchies)
- 1The territory of a duke or duchess; a dukedom.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Although he distinguished himself in the fighting, the French were chased out of their Italian territories including the duchy of Milan which Louis XII had ruled since 1499.
- Lorraine, an independent duchy embedded in French territory and occupied and exploited by the French ever since 1670 in the hope of ultimate annexation, had to be given up.
- He was seen as bringing glory to the duchy and the Duke was active in getting important commissions for him, as well as using his paintings as political gifts.
Middle English: from Old French duche, from medieval Latin ducatus, from Latin dux, duc- (see duke).
Más definiciones de duchyDefinición de duchy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.