Definición de ducks and drakes en inglés:
late 16th century: from the movement of the stone over the water.
play ducks and drakes with
- Trifle with; treat frivolously: who is this man, to play ducks and drakes with a scientific expedition?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The oil companies are playing ducks and drakes with the Department and the Minister.
- If you find Junior playing ducks and drakes, keep your cool.
- Instead, a writer of fiction is usually the happier for his ignorance, and better for having played ducks and drakes with his cultural opportunities.
Definición de ducks and drakes en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan