Definición de ducks and drakes en inglés:
late 16th century: from the movement of the stone over the water.
play ducks and drakes with
- Trifle with; treat frivolously: who is this man, to play ducks and drakes with a scientific expedition?Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The oil companies are playing ducks and drakes with the Department and the Minister.
- If you find Junior playing ducks and drakes, keep your cool.
- Instead, a writer of fiction is usually the happier for his ignorance, and better for having played ducks and drakes with his cultural opportunities.
Definición de ducks and drakes en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary