Definición de dude en inglés:
- Hey dude, hold on, Pontius has something to say about April Fool's.
- Hey dude, thought you said you wanted to talk about the future?
- Hey dude, why'd you take your mouth off the exhaust pipe?
- The Clutch dudes are totally cool and we're having a blast.
- Then, I turned to the cool dudes on the right to see how they were reacting, and nearly fell off my berth - it was them.
- Everybody knows the coolest dudes in the world have no money.
verbo[no object] (dude up) Volver al principio
- He's 55 years old, the hair largely gray now, all duded up like a college professor, and he's backed by a huge American flag in this union hall in Ashland, Ohio.
- Either way, it's an excuse to get all duded up, and hang out with a bunch of folks I know.
- In one photograph he stands in his lambing camp, duded up in a white shirt, black vest, and tie.
Late 19th century (denoting a dandy): probably from German dialect Dude 'fool'.
This slang term is probably from German dialect Dude ‘fool’. It appeared in New York at the beginning of 1883 for a man who was the equivalent of the English dandy, fastidious in his dress. At the same time the word was applied to a non-westerner or city-dweller spending his holidays on a ranch in the western USA, a ‘dude ranch’. In the 20th century it came to mean simply ‘a man, a guy’. See also cat
Palabras que riman con dudeallude, brood, collude, conclude, crude, delude, elude, étude, exclude, extrude, exude, feud, food, illude, include, intrude, Jude, lewd, mood, nude, obtrude, occlude, Oudh, preclude, protrude, prude, pseud, pultrude, rood, rude, seclude, shrewd, snood, transude, unglued, unsubdued, who'd, you'd
Definición de dude en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.