sustantivo[mass noun] Entomology
The practice by slave-making ants of capturing the pupae of other ant species and rearing them as workers of their own colony.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the other hand, one person's comment refers to dulosis as ‘little better than a euphemism’.
- Their attack on the pet class is presented as an example of dulosis.
- This parasitic relationship in which workers of a parasitic ant species capture brood from other colonies and rear them as enslaved nestmates is referred to as dulosis.
early 20th century: from Greek doulōsis 'slavery', from doulos 'slave'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Facultative slave-making ants, like those in the sanguinea complex, represent an intermediate parasitic group, between freeliving species on the one hand, and obligatory dulotic species on the other.
- The slave-maker, or dulotic, ant species are typically specialized for raiding nests of host species for their brood.
- This dulotic character of many ants continues to stimulate research.
Más definiciones de dulosisDefinición de dulosis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.