Definición de dulosis en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Entomology
The practice by slave-making ants of capturing the pupae of other ant species and rearing them as workers of their own colony.
- On the other hand, one person's comment refers to dulosis as ‘little better than a euphemism’.
- Their attack on the pet class is presented as an example of dulosis.
- This parasitic relationship in which workers of a parasitic ant species capture brood from other colonies and rear them as enslaved nestmates is referred to as dulosis.
early 20th century: from Greek doulōsis 'slavery', from doulos 'slave'.
- Example sentences
- Facultative slave-making ants, like those in the sanguinea complex, represent an intermediate parasitic group, between freeliving species on the one hand, and obligatory dulotic species on the other.
- The slave-maker, or dulotic, ant species are typically specialized for raiding nests of host species for their brood.
- This dulotic character of many ants continues to stimulate research.
Definición de dulosis en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan