sustantivo[mass noun] Entomology
The practice by slave-making ants of capturing the pupae of other ant species and rearing them as workers of their own colony.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the other hand, one person's comment refers to dulosis as ‘little better than a euphemism’.
- Their attack on the pet class is presented as an example of dulosis.
- This parasitic relationship in which workers of a parasitic ant species capture brood from other colonies and rear them as enslaved nestmates is referred to as dulosis.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Facultative slave-making ants, like those in the sanguinea complex, represent an intermediate parasitic group, between freeliving species on the one hand, and obligatory dulotic species on the other.
- The slave-maker, or dulotic, ant species are typically specialized for raiding nests of host species for their brood.
- This dulotic character of many ants continues to stimulate research.
Early 20th century: from Greek doulōsis 'slavery', from doulos 'slave'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: du|lo¦sis
Definición de dulosis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda