Definición de dumbfound en inglés:
Greatly astonish or amaze: she was dumbfounded at the sight that met her eyes [as adjective]: a dumbfounded look on her face
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ability of all these top-level singers to deliver whole programmes from memory never ceases to amaze and dumbfound me.
- Now it was Adam who was dumbfounded as he stared in astonishment at the card in his hands.
- We just didn't understand, and I personally was dumfounded.
take someone's breath away, take by surprise, take aback, shake up, stop someone in their tracks, strike dumb, leave open-mouthed, leave aghast, catch off balance
informal flabbergast, floor, knock for six, knock sideways, knock out, knock the stuffing out of, bowl over, blow someone's mind, blow away
astonished, astounded, amazed, staggered, surprised, startled, stunned, confounded, nonplussed, stupefied, dazed, dumbstruck, open-mouthed, agape, speechless, at a loss for words, thunderstruck, goggle-eyed, wide-eyed;
informal flabbergasted, floored, flummoxed, knocked for six, knocked sideways, knocked out, bowled over, blown away, unable to believe one's eyes/ears
British informal gobsmacked
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This story has me shaking my head in dumbfoundedness.
- His blank stare revealed his dumbfoundedness, and I knew he had no idea about the meaning of what I had just said.
- Cubans just shrugged when I showed my complete and utter dumbfoundedness at this unnecessary barrier to development and said "este pais" (this country).
Palabras que riman con dumbfoundabound, aground, around, astound, bound, compound, confound, expound, found, ground, hound, impound, interwound, mound, pound, profound, propound, redound, round, sound, stoneground, surround, theatre-in-the-round (US theater-in-the-round), underground, wound
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda