sustantivo (plural duos)
- 1A pair of people or things, especially in music or entertainment: the comedy duo Laurel and HardyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They could probably make it as a comedy duo if the music career falters.
- City have still to taste defeat when the experienced duo are paired together.
- While touring Australia Andy encountered both these duos and decided their music needed to be heard outside of their homeland.
- 2 Music A duet: two duos for violin and violaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Contrary to popular belief his op. 5 sonatas are not solo works but duos for violin and violone, which, like the opp. 2 and 4 dance suites, require no keyboard accompaniment.
- You see, when you have duos for violin and piano, clarinet and piano, or even a string quartet, there is usually one person who has the final decision.
- We hope to have a go at the Beethoven clarinet/bassoon duos next week-end, operational exigencies permitting, of course!
late 16th century (in sense 2): via Italian from Latin duo 'two'.