(also silk dupion)
- 1A rough slubbed silk fabric woven from the threads of double cocoons.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bag body is a beautiful floral printed linen and the pleat is melon pink silk dupion.
- The ensemble was in deep red silk dupion with kantha, aariwork and crystal embellishments.
- Other fabrics used include Khadi blended with modal, Lycra blended with dupion or raw silk, a finer version of Noil silk, which reduces the piling effect of a fabric which otherwise drapes well.
early 19th century (in the sense 'double cocoon'): from French doupion, from Italian doppione, from doppio 'double'.
Más definiciones de dupionDefinición de dupion en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.