Definición de duplicity en inglés:
1Deceitfulness: the president was accused of duplicity in his dealings with Congress
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To promote and protect their interest, they used coercion, bribery and nepotism as state policy and created a culture of opportunism, deceit, duplicity, loot and plunder.
- He said the biggest obstacle to a Yes vote was the Government, whose track record of deceit, and duplicity had now been shamefully exposed.
- It survives as a staple of film and television because it is highly photogenic, incorporating the undeniable dynamism of deceit and duplicity usually reserved for the spy story.
deceitfulness, deceit, deception, deviousness, two-facedness, double-dealing, underhandedness, dishonesty, falseness, falsity, fraud, fraudulence, sharp practice, swindling, cheating, chicanery, trickery, craft, guile, artifice, subterfuge, skulduggery, treachery, unfairness, unjustness, perfidy, improbity
informalcrookedness, shadiness, foxiness, dirty tricks, shenanigans, monkey business, funny business, hanky-panky
North American informalmonkeyshines
archaicknavery, knavishness, management
2 archaic The state of being double.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When her survey group becomes lost inside the cave, the author uses the experience to propel questions of the duplicity of maps and the ambiguities of human perception.
- The very label, ‘African American’ intrinsically signifies a duplicity that remains misunderstood and unappreciated by many American and Africans.
- This concurrence of disparate attitudes toward him creates an ambiguous point of view and indicates a duplicity, if not a multiplicity, of authorship.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda