Definición de duration en inglés:
The time during which something continues: bicycle hire for the duration of your holiday a flight of over eight hours' duration
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While lengths and durations change, there is a particular mathematical combination of them that does not.
- The session may be defined in a number of ways, possibly in terms of a time duration or a number of uses.
- To obtain the total of the eight reign durations, the scribe would have used the tallying method.
for the duration
- Until the end of something, especially a war.Example sentences
- He trained for and entered the Royal Navy for the duration of the First World War.
- They receive only travelling expenses plus board and lodging for the duration of the session.
- Highways chiefs expect to keep both lanes open for the duration of the project which is scheduled to last until December this year.
- informal 1.1 For a very long time: once she sits down on that settee, she’ll be there for the durationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Having been one of the last in I managed to be one of the first out, but as I looked behind me it appeared as if many of the mobsters were there for the duration.
- Then she's held down protectively by her friend for the duration.
- One of the aforementioned New York Friends offered to put me up in his new house for the duration.
- Example sentences
- As soon as I started working with electronic musicians, circular breathing becomes a lot more useful because the durational sense can be really different.
- This software program records both discrete events and durational measurements and stores them for later analysis.
- At-risk infants may not be able to efficiently process sound patterns that differ only in durational features.