Definición de durbar en inglés:
1The court of an Indian ruler.
- But today, few have managed to make from the courts and durbars to proscenium.
- These concepts are reflected in great mosques, forts, durbars and palaces, gardens and pools, and finally, tombs.
- Using this art, the ruler's secret agents and informers used to pass messages to him without the knowledge of outsiders or members of the durbar.
1.1A public reception held by an Indian prince or a British governor or viceroy in India.
- At the 1911 durbar honoring his coronation as British king and emperor of India, George V declared that Delhi would replace Calcutta as capital of the raj.
- Dance has moved from temples to durbars and now to the public stage.
- Despite this association, he writes that it is used on ‘joyous ceremonial occasions’, and it is this chair type that the Asantehene typically occupies during major durbars.
Definición de durbar en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan