- Unchanging in a particular belief or opinion; inveterate: she’s a true blue dyed-in-the-wool Conservative[with allusion to the fact that yarn was dyed in the raw state, producing a more even and permanent colour]Más ejemplos en oraciones
inveterate, confirmed, entrenched, established, long-established, long-standing, deep-rooted, diehard, complete, absolute, utter, thorough, thoroughgoing, out-and-out, true blue, through and through; firm, unshakeable, staunch, steadfast, committed, devoted, dedicated, loyal, faithful, unswerving, unwavering, unfaltering; unashamed, unapologetic, unrepentant, incurable, incorrigible; North American full-bore• archaic arrant• rare right-down
- Well, I suppose if you were a Dodger fan you might have a different view of things, but, as I am a dyed in the wool Angel fan, I was ecstatic with our 9-shelling of the Dodger bullpen.
- A haunter of bookshops since his childhood, spent north and west of Kensington Gardens, he was a dyed in the wool bookman, and was perhaps the last Man of Letters to have read ‘everything’.
- My grandfather, who is a dear man, but a dyed in the wool Socialist, told me that the general was a traitor to his race for taking a job with third administration.
Más definiciones de dyed in the woolDefinición de dyed in the wool en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.