Definición de dynamics en inglés:
1 [treated as singular] The branch of mechanics concerned with the motion of bodies under the action of forces. Compare with statics.
- The training allows astronauts to become familiar with the dynamics of body motion under weightless conditions.
- Niccolò Tartaglia's early publications on mechanics, dynamics, and motion were in fact the first modern studies of ballistics.
- The first volume covered dynamics, mechanics, hydrostatics, hydraulics, aerostatics, and pneumatics.
1.1 [usually with modifier] The branch of any science in which forces or changes are considered: chemical dynamics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Events of DNA duplication were described in many eukaryote genomes, but are the duplication dynamics similar in all eukaryotes?
- Do polyps of other cnidarian species have a tissue dynamics similar to that of hydra?
- At Haverford College, I generally include an introduction to fluid dynamics in our undergraduate mechanics course.
2The forces or properties which stimulate growth, development, or change within a system or process: the dynamics of changing social relations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Economic development creates its own dynamics and tensions in the social and political spheres, which must be addressed.
- As this history makes clear, a powerful set of internal dynamics drove the development of the European economy in the second half of the twentieth century.
- The question is: given the current political dynamics and developments inside the party, what will happen now?
3 Music The varying levels of volume of sound in different parts of a musical performance.
- Variety can also be obtained without affecting the musical substance simply by repeating a melody with different dynamics or instruments.
- A flute just always sounds flutey, no matter how exquisitely it is phrased, or how cleverly the flautist manages the dynamics.
- Unless the conductor and the orchestra have a disciplined sense of dynamics when accompanying singers, we wind up believing we're not meeting expectations.
- sense 1.Example sentences
- One of the most intriguing results from the Pathfinder mission was obtained by dynamicist William Folkner and colleagues from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory at Caltech.
- These conditions now need to be modelled by fluid dynamicists and mathematicians, so an understanding of the larger picture can emerge by carefully constructed mathematical models.
- Computational fluid dynamicists can use the empirical data to verify their predictions regarding shape and time span of animal-induced flows.
Definición de dynamics en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan