- 1 [treated as singular] The branch of mechanics concerned with the motion of bodies under the action of forces. Compare with statics.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The training allows astronauts to become familiar with the dynamics of body motion under weightless conditions.
- Niccolò Tartaglia's early publications on mechanics, dynamics, and motion were in fact the first modern studies of ballistics.
- The first volume covered dynamics, mechanics, hydrostatics, hydraulics, aerostatics, and pneumatics.
- 1.1 [usually with modifier] The branch of any science in which forces or changes are considered: chemical dynamicsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Events of DNA duplication were described in many eukaryote genomes, but are the duplication dynamics similar in all eukaryotes?
- Do polyps of other cnidarian species have a tissue dynamics similar to that of hydra?
- At Haverford College, I generally include an introduction to fluid dynamics in our undergraduate mechanics course.
- 2The forces or properties which stimulate growth, development, or change within a system or process: the dynamics of changing social relationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Economic development creates its own dynamics and tensions in the social and political spheres, which must be addressed.
- As this history makes clear, a powerful set of internal dynamics drove the development of the European economy in the second half of the twentieth century.
- The question is: given the current political dynamics and developments inside the party, what will happen now?
- 3 Music The varying levels of volume of sound in different parts of a musical performance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Variety can also be obtained without affecting the musical substance simply by repeating a melody with different dynamics or instruments.
- A flute just always sounds flutey, no matter how exquisitely it is phrased, or how cleverly the flautist manages the dynamics.
- Unless the conductor and the orchestra have a disciplined sense of dynamics when accompanying singers, we wind up believing we're not meeting expectations.
- sense 1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One of the most intriguing results from the Pathfinder mission was obtained by dynamicist William Folkner and colleagues from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory at Caltech.
- These conditions now need to be modelled by fluid dynamicists and mathematicians, so an understanding of the larger picture can emerge by carefully constructed mathematical models.
- Computational fluid dynamicists can use the empirical data to verify their predictions regarding shape and time span of animal-induced flows.
Más definiciones de dynamicsDefinición de dynamics en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.