sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- A state of abnormal muscle tone resulting in muscular spasm and abnormal posture, typically due to neurological disease or a side effect of drug therapy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Within months the neurological disorder focal dystonia took full hold, leaving his hand permanently clenched and unusable.
- A diagnosis of focal dystonia was made, and injections of botulinum toxin were offered.
- Writer's cramp is the commonest form of focal hand dystonia and is thought to be due to basal ganglia dysfunction.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In this context it is worth noting that until quite recent times neurologists considered dystonic syndromes to be of psychiatric, functional, or non-organic origin.
- Overdose can cause dystonic reactions and hepatotoxicity.
- The little girl has dystonic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, which means she is confined to a wheelchair and needs 24-hour care.
Más definiciones de dystoniaDefinición de dystonia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.