Definición de dystonia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A state of abnormal muscle tone resulting in muscular spasm and abnormal posture, typically due to neurological disease or a side effect of drug therapy.
- Within months the neurological disorder focal dystonia took full hold, leaving his hand permanently clenched and unusable.
- A diagnosis of focal dystonia was made, and injections of botulinum toxin were offered.
- Writer's cramp is the commonest form of focal hand dystonia and is thought to be due to basal ganglia dysfunction.
- Example sentences
- In this context it is worth noting that until quite recent times neurologists considered dystonic syndromes to be of psychiatric, functional, or non-organic origin.
- Overdose can cause dystonic reactions and hepatotoxicity.
- The little girl has dystonic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, which means she is confined to a wheelchair and needs 24-hour care.
Definición de dystonia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan