An imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one. The opposite of utopia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's extremely difficult to imagine a realistic dystopia because we're so tempted to create a caricature.
- Orwell's genius was to take the theme of a totalitarian dystopia to the max.
- It is hardly surprising that a century of utopian dreams and coercive social engineering to achieve them should have been a century rich in imaginative dystopias.
dystopian (also dystopic)
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Lee's dystopian vision of the world of entertainment, television is all-powerful and all-corrupting.
- The 20th Century's three great dystopians - Zamiatin, Huxley, and Orwell - imagined politically nightmarish futures.
- Anything but subtle, it is set in a dystopian Scotland of the future and follows a desperate man trying to raise £50 or face having his family's oxygen supply cut off.
Definición de dystopia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.