Definición de dystrophic en inglés:
1 Medicine Affected by or relating to dystrophy, especially muscular dystrophy.
- Observing the affected knee may reveal dystrophic changes, alteration of skin color, calluses related to kneeling or occupational abuse of the knee, scars, scratches, or rashes.
- Another form of dwarfism that was formerly included in the spectrum of achondroplasia is dystrophic dwarfism.
- The orifice connecting the right ventricle to the cavity was composed of dystrophic muscular fibers mixed with fatty cells.
2 Ecology (Of a lake) having brown acidic water that is low in oxygen and supports little life, owing to high levels of dissolved humus. Compare with eutrophic and oligotrophic.
- Both ponds are dystrophic, surrounded by extensive mats of Sphagnum, and stratified in summer with anoxic hypolimnia.
Definición de dystrophic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan