Definición de earthquake en inglés:
1A sudden violent shaking of the ground, typically causing great destruction, as a result of movements within the earth’s crust or volcanic action.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When it came to measuring these big earthquakes, the Richter scale fell short.
- Nine on the Richter scale indicates an earthquake of absolutely awesome destructive power.
- This is one of the most destructive earthquakes of the twentieth century.
1.1A great upheaval: a political earthquake
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As a political earthquake, the end of the Empire measured right at the top of the Richter scale.
- Zambians rejected all those political earthquakes by the scruff of the neck.
- They would need to be at least six points ahead of the rest to do that, and that would take a political earthquake.
Palabras que riman con earthquakekittiwake • moonquake
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda