1Cheerful and full of energy: she sounded ebullient and happy
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His mood was ebullient, and he had every reason to be satisfied.
- Technically, the economy was in recovery after 1975, but the mood was anything but ebullient.
- Christina was in quite an ebullient mood during our session today.
exuberant, buoyant, cheerful, joyful, cheery, merry, sunny, breezy, jaunty, light-hearted, in high spirits, high-spirited, exhilarated, elated, euphoric, jubilant, animated, sparkling, effervescent, vivacious, enthusiastic, irrepressible
North American informal peart
late 16th century (in the sense 'boiling'): from Latin ebullient- 'boiling up', from the verb ebullire, from e- (variant of ex-) 'out' + bullire 'to boil'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has, in fact, been 12 years between Seattle Gilbert & Sullivan Society's last production of the work and the ebulliently comic but musically spotty new version playing through Saturday at the Bagley Wright Theatre.
- Stories of New York Citys public schools crumbling while officials demand billion-dollar bond issues to rebuild them call to mind a day in June 1988, when Mayor Ed Koch, flanked by cameramen and reporters, ebulliently announced that subway service would be restored on the reopened Williamsburg Bridge.