1Of or like an echo: the echoic rooms of the old manor house
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their voices are filtered to sound electronically echoic.
- And at its best, its writing has the lyricism of Keats, the precision of Williams, or the echoic qualities of haiku.
- Accordingly, when encountering an ironic text such as Map's, the reader must first recognize that an ironic utterance is an echoic interpretation (literal or nonliteral) of a preceding proposition.
1.1 Linguistics Representing a sound by imitation.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There are a plethora of echoic sounds which pupils may brain storm and then use those selected to write poetry.
- Like Standard English crick-crack, which represents a repeated sharp sound, the synonymous crickety-crick is echoic.
- With a little thought, one can make an astonishingly long list of imitative or echoic words.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the echoic-visual condition, samples were presented underwater behind a thin black polyethylene screen that was visually opaque but echoically transparent.
- Their ability to echoically localize multiple moving prey targets in three dimensions suggests that dolphins have a well-developed spatial representation of their acoustic environment.
Palabras que riman con echoicheroic, Mesozoic, Palaeozoic (US Paleozoic), Stoic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: echo¦ic
Definición de echoic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda