Definición de echoic en inglés:
1Of or like an echo: the echoic rooms of the old manor house
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their voices are filtered to sound electronically echoic.
- And at its best, its writing has the lyricism of Keats, the precision of Williams, or the echoic qualities of haiku.
- Accordingly, when encountering an ironic text such as Map's, the reader must first recognize that an ironic utterance is an echoic interpretation (literal or nonliteral) of a preceding proposition.
1.1 Linguistics Representing a sound by imitation.
- There are a plethora of echoic sounds which pupils may brain storm and then use those selected to write poetry.
- Like Standard English crick-crack, which represents a repeated sharp sound, the synonymous crickety-crick is echoic.
- With a little thought, one can make an astonishingly long list of imitative or echoic words.
- Example sentences
- In the echoic-visual condition, samples were presented underwater behind a thin black polyethylene screen that was visually opaque but echoically transparent.
- Their ability to echoically localize multiple moving prey targets in three dimensions suggests that dolphins have a well-developed spatial representation of their acoustic environment.
Definición de echoic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan