Definición de eclectic en inglés:
1Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources: universities offering an eclectic mix of courses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is very eclectic and his mix of abilities is so different from the common concept of an artist.
- Some music fans with extremely eclectic tastes may find this band's music appealing.
- By contrast, Olivia seems to have eclectic taste and her opinions about music neatly worked out.
wide-ranging, wide, broad, broad-ranging, broad-based, extensive, comprehensive, encyclopedic, general, universal, varied, diverse, diversified, catholic, liberal, cross-disciplinary, interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, all-embracing, non-exclusive, inclusive, indiscriminate, many-sided, multifaceted, multifarious, heterogeneous, miscellaneous, assorted
discriminating, discerning, critical
sustantivoVolver al principio
A person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Douglas is the king of jazz's current crop of eclectics: He's the kind of guy who shows up at a Jewish wedding with a tango band and proceeds to play Bjork covers.
- But they are not just reactionary eclectics; they think they can twist and recombine architectural history in fresh and original ways that would have been unthinkable before modernism wiped the slate clean.
- The two strongest objections each approach levels at the other is the claim that eclectics are undisciplined, and that traditionalists are stagnated.
Late 17th century (as a term in philosophy): from Greek eklektikos, from eklegein 'pick out', from ek 'out' + legein 'choose'.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They gracefully span an eclectically broad repertoire with songs from Motown, Portishead, Bach and Bulgarian folk music.
- In the film, this was translated into a chronology of the years, eclectically soundtracking the film's events.
- Having said that, Ross has chosen eclectically and well and edited with skill.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The style he developed was a thoroughly indigenous fusion of the traditions of Europe with Trinidad's folk art, coloured always by his own eclecticism.
- With such diverse instrumentation and determined eclecticism, the band is often categorized by music fans who are unforgiving in their rigidity.
- At a time when specialization and depth take precedence over exploration, Sontag's eclecticism is something we need more of.
Palabras que riman con eclecticapoplectic, catalectic, dialectic, hectic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán