Definición de eclose en inglés:
verbo[no object] Entomology
(Of an insect) emerge as an adult from the pupa or as a larva from the egg: some larvae pupated and eclosed substantially earlier than average
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Adult wasps eclosed within 1-3 days after arrival and were tested at ages of 5-11 days.
- Approximately 10-12 hr later, the two sides reappose and remain attached until the adult fly ecloses from the pupal case.
- These ‘large larvae’ wander for an extended period before death, although rare escapers can progress to giant pupae that fail to eclose as adults.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Aggression towards non-nest mates is provoked almost exclusively by chemical cues that are learned shortly after eclosion from the pupal life stage.
- In addition, developmental times to pupation and adult eclosion, pupal weights, and survival/mortality were measured for all insects.
- All of these results show that the pupal male was almost always killed by the already eclosed male immediately after, or even before, eclosion.
Definición de eclose en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India