Definición de eclose en inglés:
verbo[no object] Entomology
(Of an insect) emerge as an adult from the pupa or as a larva from the egg: some larvae pupated and eclosed substantially earlier than average
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Adult wasps eclosed within 1-3 days after arrival and were tested at ages of 5-11 days.
- Approximately 10-12 hr later, the two sides reappose and remain attached until the adult fly ecloses from the pupal case.
- These ‘large larvae’ wander for an extended period before death, although rare escapers can progress to giant pupae that fail to eclose as adults.
- Example sentences
- Aggression towards non-nest mates is provoked almost exclusively by chemical cues that are learned shortly after eclosion from the pupal life stage.
- In addition, developmental times to pupation and adult eclosion, pupal weights, and survival/mortality were measured for all insects.
- All of these results show that the pupal male was almost always killed by the already eclosed male immediately after, or even before, eclosion.
Definición de eclose en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan