sustantivoBotany & Zoology
- A distinct form or race of a plant or animal species occupying a particular habitat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The morphological differences are genetically determined and it is thus possible that the turlough population is a distinct ecotype adapted to this unusual habitat.
- Geographically isolated populations often have evolved into distinct ecotypes that differ in morphological, life history, or behavioral traits.
- The development of hardiness is so crucial for survival that many boreal and temperate zone woody species have evolved latitudinal ecotypes, differing in their timing of growth cessation and cold acclimation.
Más definiciones de ecotypeDefinición de ecotype en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.