A medical condition in which patches of skin become rough and inflamed with blisters which cause itching and bleeding.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Hay fever, asthma and eczema are all related allergic conditions and the tendency to develop them runs in families.
- It is much less common in childhood than other skin conditions such as eczema but rarely, it does develop before the age of ten years.
- Fungal rashes can sometimes be confused with other skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- On re-exposure, patients develop an acute, pruritic, eczematous dermatitis, often with blisters in a linear configuration at the site of contact.
- Predisposing factors are a positive family history of similar symptoms and a personal history of collateral allergy manifested as eczematous dermatitis, urticaria, and/or asthma.
- The edema may be accompanied by stasis dermatitis, an often chronic, usually eczematous condition characterized by edema, hyperpigmentation and, commonly, ulceration.
Mid 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek ekzema, from ekzein 'boil over, break out', from ek- 'out' + zein 'boil'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ec¦zema
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda