- A large snail which is widely collected or cultured for food, occurring chiefly in southern Europe.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Helix pomatia, family Helicidae
- The last group is the least prized, but has a famous counterpart on land, the edible snail; whereas there are no terrestrial cephalopods or bivalves.
- The absence of Helix pomatia, a species reported to occur in Turkey in resources in various disciplines, is mentioned, while 7 species of edible snails determined are described in detail by means of morphology, distribution, systematical positions, and a key to the species is given.
- Article 1 of the above-mentioned Decision prohibits the collection, keeping, killing, delivering or sale of edible snails.