- A heron with mainly white plumage, having long plumes in the breeding season.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Egretta (and Bubulcus), family Ardeidae: several species
- The island also attracts a variety of wading birds such as herons and egrets and many songbirds.
- The result is the area has become a wildlife sanctuary with otters returning, and residents including white egrets, herons, kestrels and dozens of wild flowers.
- Despite the setting, we didn't see any waterfowl or shorebirds - no herons or egrets, no ducks or geese.
Middle English: from Old French aigrette, from Provençal aigreta, from the Germanic base of heron.
Más definiciones de egretDefinición de egret en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.