verbo[with object] North American • informal
- Reject, discard, or destroy: the only reason she hadn’t eighty-sixed him before now was out of affection for his sonMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Brian continues to try to eighty-six Michael's practically perfect boyfriend but finds the good doctor can give as good as he gets.
- As is everything, which makes the bustling lunch rush a better bet than dinner, when lower turnover can result in dry rice, reheated kafta, or - sorrow of sorrows - an eighty-sixed chicken shawarma.
- I don't think that eighty-sixing him from the movie was the right thing to do at all.
1930s (as a noun, used in restaurants and bars to indicate that a menu item is unavailable or that a customer is not to be served): perhaps rhyming slang for nix1.
Más definiciones de eighty-sixDefinición de eighty-six en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.