sustantivo[often treated as singular] Geology & Astronomy
- Material that is forced or thrown out, especially as a result of volcanic eruption, meteoritic impact, or stellar explosion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Melosh et al. proposed that wildfires were ignited by the thermal energy radiated by re-entering ejecta following the asteroid impact.
- The stellar ejecta from the explosion initially trail behind the shock wave.
- Impact ejecta deposits show a non-linear decrease in thickness with radial distance from the centre of the source crater.
late 19th century: from Latin, 'things thrown out', neuter plural of ejectus 'thrown out', from eicere (see eject).
Más definiciones de ejectaDefinición de ejecta en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.