Definición de electioneer en inglés:
verbo[no object] (usually as noun electioneering)
(Of a politician or political campaigner) take part actively and energetically in a campaign to be elected to public office: the election will not be lost or won as the result of a few weeks of electioneering
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Politicians are electioneering, but there's no election date.
- This was first of all an electioneering budget which eschewed electioneering.
- While the public might be willing to tolerate electioneering from a candidate, the incumbent was a different matter.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A campaigning politician during an election: he was now a national figure and a rumbustious electioneer
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Party electioneers know that an election held any later than the British government's selfimposed deadline of November 13 is a non-starter.
- An affluent attorney as well as small planter, Moore campaigned as ‘a skillful electioneer [who] courted the lower stratum of society.’
- This allows electioneers to bypass the media and appeal directly to voters without journalists putting their spin on the issues.
Palabras que riman con electioneeradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, emir, endear, engineer, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, marketeer, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, souvenir, spear, sphere, steer, stere, summiteer, Tangier, tear, tier, Trier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán