Definición de elector en inglés:
1A person who has the right to vote in an election, especially one for members of a national parliament: close to 60 per cent of the 60,000 registered electors voted
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In determining what is a majority of the electors voting at such election, reference shall be had to the highest number of votes cast at such election for the candidates for any office or on any question.
- At the last elections in May 2002, about 15,000 electors chose a postal vote.
- But a survey of 135 constituencies by the Guardian last month found record numbers of electors applying for postal votes, in some cases a tripling over four years ago.
1.1(In the US) a member of the electoral college.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- After America's fraud-tainted election of 1876, Congress enacted legislation requiring that presidential electors be chosen based on the law in place on election day.
- The idea was adapted by the framers of the American Constitution in 1787, each state appointing as many electors as it had members of Congress, these electors then meeting to choose the President of the USA.
- It's the reason the Florida legislature could contemplate sending its own set of electors to Congress if it had lost in the Supreme Court.
2 [usually as title] historical A German prince entitled to take part in the election of the Holy Roman Emperor: the Elector of Brandenburg
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- William at first could only defend, but after he rebuilt the Netherlands army and allied with the Holy Roman Emperor and the elector of Brandenburg, the provinces were recovered.
- Accordingly, in 1698 the two rulers rapidly agreed that they would support the candidacy for the Spanish throne of the young grandson of the emperor who was elector of Bavaria.
- Something similar occurred at the same time in Regensburg, near Nuremberg, where the electors of the Holy Roman Empire met at regular intervals.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thomas was a jurat in 1347/48 (through electorship) and in 1349/50-1350 / 51, but not thereafter despite being chosen an elector on 6 other occasions during the 1350s.
- He escaped and hastened back to Vienna, declared his electorship to be forfeited, and proposed the duke of Bavaria to be chosen elector.
- He governed his electorship for the longest time from near Wittlich rather than Trier.
Palabras que riman con electorbisector, collector, connector, convector, corrector, defector, deflector, detector, director, ejector, erector, hector, injector, inspector, nectar, objector, perfecter, projector, prospector, protector, rector, reflector, rejector, respecter, sector, selector, Spector, spectre (US specter), vector
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda