Injure or kill (someone) by electric shock: a man was electrocuted on the rail track
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But if someone just says his washing machine is a bad one, you don't know yet whether it tears the clothes into strips or soaks them in oily water or just doesn't move at all when you switch on, or electrocutes the children when they go near it.
- Simultaneously, shivers thundered up his spine as if electrocuting him.
- The principal electrical inspector at Health and Safety Executive, who investigated the incident said: ‘A fraction of an amp is all that is needed to electrocute you.’
late 19th century: from electro-, on the pattern of execute.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the eyes of the law she has committed murder; should she be sentenced to death, a slow and painful death or quick death or electrocution on the chair?
- They fear this peaceful drug dealer and, because of this fear, they want him to die by the chair of electrocution.
- It is a powerful film that leads right up to his electrocution in the electric chair.
Definición de electrocute en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.