- A modified muscle or nerve cell that generates electricity in the electric organ of certain fishes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The electrical organs consist of modified branchial muscle tissues which are highly modified to serve as electrocytes, miniature organic batteries.
- The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel found in the neuromuscular junction of vertebrates and the electrocytes of electric fish.
- The electrocyte muscle-type nAChR is composed of two Î1-and one 1 -, Î-, and Î³-subunils, whereas the 2 3 nAChR consists of two Î4-and three 2-subunits in the configuration of.
Más definiciones de electrocyteDefinición de electrocyte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.