Definición de electron pair en inglés:
1 Chemistry Two electrons occupying the same orbital in an atom or molecule.
- In the case of aldehydes and ketones containing carbonyl groups, the highly nucleophilic Grignard reagent contributes its electron pair to form a bond with the carbon atom.
- The halide retains the electron pair of the carbon-halogen bond when it leaves.
- Although in each molecule there are three hydrogen atoms bonded to the central nitrogen atom, the nitrogen atom also carries a lone electron pair.
2 Physics An electron and a positron produced in a high-energy reaction.
- Similarly, four protons are pumped into the intramembrane space as each electron pair flows through complexes III and as four electrons are used to reduce O 2 to H 2 O in complex IV.
- This is primarily because of stabilization of the polarization of the radical cation-hydrated electron pair in the condensed media.
- Normal current is carried by single electrons; within superconductors the charge units are electron pairs called Cooper pairs.
Definición de electron pair en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan