verbo[with object] (often as noun electrotyping)
Make a copy of (something) by the electrolytic deposition of copper on a mould: the acid copper solution is largely employed in electrotyping
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Electrotyping is an application of the art of electroplating to typography, used for making duplicate plates for relief printing.
- Standing newspaper matter may be stereotyped -- unless it contains cuts, when it should be electrotyped -- but should be cast on metal base to avoid shrinking and swelling.
An electrotyped copy.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The 19th century was remarkable for its technological advances in the printing process, with the introduction of linotype, electrotype, stereotype and - in the 20th century - monotype, along with the mechanical manufacture of paper.
- The innovation of electrotypes in the mid-19th century added yet another dimension to the art of copying.
- Ring manufacturers participated in the campaign through radio advertising and by sending out newspaper electrotypes to be used by jewelers across the country.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The engravings, after having been cut on the plates, were sent to the electrotyper.
- A ten-digit keyboard is provided for transferring digital information to an electrotyper.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: elec¦tro|type
Definición de electrotype en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda