verbo[with object] (often as noun electrotyping)
- Make a copy of (something) by the electrolytic deposition of copper on a mould: the acid copper solution is largely employed in electrotypingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Electrotyping is an application of the art of electroplating to typography, used for making duplicate plates for relief printing.
- Standing newspaper matter may be stereotyped -- unless it contains cuts, when it should be electrotyped -- but should be cast on metal base to avoid shrinking and swelling.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An electrotyped copy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The 19th century was remarkable for its technological advances in the printing process, with the introduction of linotype, electrotype, stereotype and - in the 20th century - monotype, along with the mechanical manufacture of paper.
- The innovation of electrotypes in the mid-19th century added yet another dimension to the art of copying.
- Ring manufacturers participated in the campaign through radio advertising and by sending out newspaper electrotypes to be used by jewelers across the country.
Más definiciones de electrotypeDefinición de electrotype en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.