Definición de eligible en inglés:
adjetivo(often eligible for/to do something)
- This is subject to winners being eligible for race competition licences.
- There are two conditions that must be met in order to be eligible for these new measures.
- Four or five cardinals who are eligible for the candidacy of pope could openly campaign.
- We have plenty of eligible bachelors in these parts and quite a few eligible ladies too!
- Prince William managed to stand one of the world's most eligible women up last week when he got tied up foxhunting.
- Last month this magazine presented a list of Scotland's 100 most eligible women and men.
elegant from Late Middle English:
These days, someone elegant will generally be well dressed, but the basic idea behind the word is of being discerning and making careful choices. It comes from Old French élégant or Latin elegans, from eligere ‘to choose or select’, which was the origin of elect (Late Middle English), eligible (Late Middle English), and elite (late 18th century).
Palabras que riman con eligibleintelligible
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.