- In fact, Murray comments that societal elites were less likely to be religious.
- It is a model strictly for people who are into hierarchical societies with bossy elites who like to display their power.
- Town life also presented new challenges of economic and social organization to urban elites.
- In recent decades, successive governments have carried out policies aimed at benefiting a tiny privileged elite at the expense of the broad mass of working people.
- Unless you're a CEO or a millionaire I don't see how you can defend a party whose policy benefits benefits the elite over the general populace.
- Over the past decade, the Western political elite has experienced a profound disorientation.
elegant from Late Middle English:
These days, someone elegant will generally be well dressed, but the basic idea behind the word is of being discerning and making careful choices. It comes from Old French élégant or Latin elegans, from eligere ‘to choose or select’, which was the origin of elect (Late Middle English), eligible (Late Middle English), and elite (late 18th century).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: elite
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.