Relating to or having the form of an ellipse.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lechea minor can be easily distinguished from that species by its stems more than 5 cm tall, ovate to elliptic leaves and ovoid capsules.
- Curves (such as the trigonometric polynomials of elliptic Fourier analysis) may be fit to such an outline, and then compared through statistical analysis of their parameters.
- The theorem holds in spherical and elliptic geometry.
early 18th century: from Greek elleiptikos 'defective', from elleipein 'leave out, fall short'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We suggest that the decrease in the enthalpy and loss of ellipticity are caused by the loss of approximately four helical turns of coiled coil that correspond to the N-terminal TM portion of the peptide.
- The increase in the CD signal corresponded to a time-dependent decrease in ellipticity at a wavelength typical for [alpha] helical signals.
- The enthalpy ([Delta] H) and entropy ([Delta] S) of folding for the tropomyosin and troponin T peptides were determined from the change in ellipticity as previously described.
Definición de elliptic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.