1Fluent or persuasive in speaking or writing: an eloquent speech
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His life and writings have given eloquent testimony that one may be both a man of science and a man of God.
- The arguments from both sides were eloquent and persuasive, and for some time it seemed that the verdict could go either way.
- The member who spoke before me gave us a very interesting and eloquent speech.
1.1Clearly expressing or indicating something: the bus journey alone is eloquent of class inequality
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin eloquent- 'speaking out', from the verb eloqui (see eloquence).
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Was corporate influence on the press, and its right to be wrong, ever more eloquently expressed?
- As far as the actual story is concerned, I cannot express it sufficiently eloquently in words.
- Obviously some people can express these thoughts more eloquently and creatively than most of us.