- From there, sizing descendant elements with ems (a relative unit of measurement) becomes much more logical: 1em is 10 px, 1.6em is 16 px, .9em is 9px, and so forth.
- Sterne was almost compulsively attentive to page layout and typography, going so far as to specify the length of each dash in printer's ems.
- It doesn't matter which unit you use - zero horseshoes is the same as zero pixels, ems, or percentages.
- So, a font size of 1.25 ems will be displayed as 1.25 pixels.
- This reduced the text to an unreadable level when the CSS specified sizes in ems, but only reduced it slightly when specified as percentages.
late 18th century: the letter M represented as a word, since it is approximately this width.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.