Causing embarrassment: an embarrassing muddle
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And were they to say no, it could all prove very embarrassing for Tony.
- It was becoming increasingly embarrassing for Cork at this stage and a total collapse was on the cards.
- I imagine it is very embarrassing for them to be found out for being so secretive.
shaming, shameful, humiliating, mortifying, demeaning, degrading, ignominious; upsetting, disconcerting, discomfiting, discomposing, confusing, flustering, agitating, discountenancing, distressing; discreditable, dishonouring, disgraceful
informal blush-makingawkward, uncomfortable, difficult, tricky, delicate, sensitive, problematic, troublesome, thorny, knotty, vexatious, ticklish; compromising, humiliating
British informal dodgy
- [as submodifier]: a performance containing many embarrassingly bad momentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Thinking back, most have been laughable or just embarrassingly bad.
- It is, at once, the most brilliant and embarrassingly bad movie I have ever seen.
- Sadly, most of the essay is given over to arguments that are embarrassingly bad.